Saturday, June 11, 2011

8 & 9 Months - Yes, life has been busy

Mr. Oliver, his mama and papa have been very, very busy. And, I've really been slacking at keeping this blog updated. Finally, a Saturday morning without much going on!!!!

So, here are Oliver's 8 & 9 month updates.

A few milestones have passed these last couple of months. And, Oliver is just as happy as can be. Everywhere we go, people stop and either tell us how beautiful he is or tell us what a happy baby we have. I blush a little bit every time someone compliments him because I know just how lucky I am to have this amazing boy in my life. No joke, a woman stopped me in the middle of the street (while I didn't even have Oliver yesterday) to tell me I must be the mom to the very popular 'Oliver.' She recognized Portland from the dog park. He sure is making a name for himself in Leucadia, California!

So...what has happened these past 2 months. Well...

1. Oliver is trying to pull himself up onto the couch, tables, chairs, etc. He isn't quite strong enough yet....I for one, am not rushing it!

2. Oliver has gotten his first 2 front teeth! Yep, we woke up and one day and saw them. They have been coming in strong ever since. They are really kind of adorable and he hasn't been all that fussy (knock on wood).

3. Oliver officially plays the copy-cat game. One day, while out for a walk I started to cough. The moment I stopped I heard Oliver mimicking me, doing a fake cough. Sure enough, every time someone coughs, Oliver does too. And, he instantly starts laughing when he's done.

4. Oliver is eating finger foods! It's amazing how smart these little guys are. The first time we tried to give him his own finger food, it was as if he knew how to do it all along.

5. The 'ma-ma',  da-dad', ba-ba', la-la', pa-pa' just keep on coming. We may have a talker on our hands!

6. Oliver had his 9 months check-up this week! His weight has finally started to slow down. The funniest part of all of this is, his head circumference has not. His weight is in the 60% percentile, with his length in the 75th. His head however, measures in at the 97% percentile of all children his age. Yep, and we're damn proud of it!!! Big head = big brains! As our nanny says, "Oliver mucho intelligente!"

Ok, enough of the words...he are some photos to prove this bugger is officially a little man!







No comments:

Post a Comment