Friday, June 17, 2011

Family Traditions

When I look back and think about my childhood and growing-up, the things that remain in my memory are/were the family traditions that my mom tried her darndest to keep going as the years passed and we grew older. Even at 18 years old, home from college, my mother still hid my Easter basket!

It's my hope to raise a family with strong family traditions. Events that bring us all together, make our family unique, and create little moments in time that I'll hold close to my heart forever.

Hosfield/Monroe Family Tradition #1: Sunday night spaghetti dinner

Since Oliver has been born, Sunday evenings are reserved for homemade spaghetti sauce, a big plate of pasta and a relaxing evening before starting the busy week. I know it's small....but I love it!


My next goal is to make Saturday mornings for long walks along the beach. We live soooo close to the Pacific (you can smell it coming through our windows) that I want Oliver growing up loving and appreciating the ocean. These types of walks (with the fresh ocean breeze hitting your face combined with the sound of the waves crashing into each other) make you appreciate what you have and can help you get through anything life dishes over...

No comments:

Post a Comment